TOURNAMENT: The Iiyama G-Master GB2488HSU-B3 Red Eagle. Unknown and very good.
Updates and new information around the Iiyama GB2488HSU-B3 can be found at the bottom of the article or in the table of contents (if available). Also available within the forum (click here).
Find the Iiyama GB2488HSU-B3 here: Buy on Amazon
YouTube Video Review
YouTube Video Unboxing
Contrast, Brightness, and Blackpoint:
Presets and Measurements:
Measurements with optimal settings (without calibration):
Measurements after calibration:
Ufo-Test Images / Text-Scrolling Test / Chase-Square Test / Eiffelturm-Test / Freesync-Overclocking
According overclocking the freesync range you need a tool called "ToastyX Custom Resolution Utility" (CRU) whichcan be downloaded here.
Currently no Updates.
Pros & Cons
- Very good homogeneity (no clouding, and a tiny bit backlight bleed)
- Very good colors (you have to set gamma to around 2.2 within software!)
- Excellent price performance ratio
- Very good blacks for a TN panel
- Excellent overdrive settings
- USB Hub with 2 x USB 3.0
- Good build quality
- Good foot stand & cable management
- Easy OSD overview & 3 own presets
- Black Equalizer
- A bit washed out colors (out of the box) without gamma setting changes within graphics card software or hardware calibration
- Matte panel coating (Still less matt and better compared to the Asus PG278QR for example)
- Navigation through touch buttons (not as responsive as physical buttons and a joystick)
- Freesync with a range from 35-120Hz (with CRU 59-144 Hz)
- No backlight strobing / backlight scanning feature
- Bad gamma settings out of the box + no gamma settings within the OSD (before you buy, check if you can change gamma settings)
- Minimal amount of backlight bleed on the lower right - on my unit
The last Monitor Reviews
The problem i have is that the monitor keeps loosing signal, the screen just turns black and i can't do anything except taking the power cord out the monitor. I used DP at first, thought something was wrong with the DP connection so i tried HDMI, still the monitor kept turning black(loosing signal) now and then, it wasn't even possible to go to into the OSD.
The problem also occured when the monitor was connected to my ps4.
Hmm, I think this was simply bad luck and a defect which also can occur in other monitors. Hope your next unit will be flawless