A Good 144hz monitor with good image quality?

Hey Lim!

Firstly, thank you for reviewing lots of monitors and helping people narrow down the choices. However, I still struggling to get the best monitor that is great in value ( high refresh rate + image quality).
My requirements are:
1. 144hz and response time
2. good image quality
3. price

Hence, the choice that i picked were:
MSI MAG24C/241C 330USD
Viewsonic XG2401/2402 280USD
Samsung LC24FG73 292USD

Both Samsung and ViewSonic have silimar price in my region while MSI has a higher price tag of around 40USD. Which one should I choose?

One last question, is Acer good in build quality? In my region, all of its monitors offer better stuff such as 24 inch to 27inch, 144hz to 240hz with the same price. My friend said Acer has bad quality control so I should avoid them but the price is too attractive! Like the KG251 has 24inch with 240hz for only 223USD.

Thank you!

Re: A Good 144hz monitor with good image quality?

Hello mate, sorry for my late response (: have a lot of work here.

I mean, the question is TN vs VA right?

I did not test the MSI, so I cannot really tell much about YET about this monitor (but probably soon...)

According to the CFG73 vs the XG2401: Which games you want to play on it ?

TN wins probably for competitive games (but I wouldn't say that less motion blur will increase your skill) - SO, what is more, important for you? Image quality aka Contrast + Colors (Samsung) or better response time (and no Glow issues)?

If you mean the Acer XF240, the build quality is okay, but bad but also not gorgeous. I like its food stand btw and the image quality also is good with strong contrast. The only disadvantage on the Acer is that the inner panel frame causes some reflections.

Thank you for your detailed response!

About the VA glow, I don't really mind glow much since I am currently using IPS and im already used to it. ( And I don't think it bothers me in game). The only main thing I worried about Samsung is the motion blur problem, is it very noticeable and annoying? If the problem is not too serious then I might choose Samsung.

I mainly play FPS game, however, I also want to improve my gaming experience by improving the image quality of my monitor. That is why I am struggling to choose whether I should get a TN for more competitive (by lower motion blur) or VA for less competitive but more immersive.

If Both C24FG73 and XG2401 are the same prices, which will you buy? Maybe this simple question can solve my struggle. :/

If the problem is not too serious then I might choose Samsung.
It depends on the content (game). In some games, it is really good visible like walking dead (thick black lines behind a darker background). In CS GO it is harder to notice for example. So mostly in darker image content (as well as darker scenes in battlefield for example).
If Both C24FG73 and XG2401 are the same prices, which will you buy? Maybe this simple question can solve my struggle. :/
If I could only pick 1 monitor, I think I would pick TN since motion blur is really important to me. The VA Glow also is annoying, and I prefer the IPS Glow over the VA Glow tbh. However, it is really not an easy decision :) I really like the Samsung but for 1 pick I would pick the TN - I think (: