looking for 4 months cant find a good monitor

hey,

i have been putting way to much hour in looking for a monitor.
my monitor now : Asus VG248QE
GPU : 980ti

my thoughts i wanna play at 120 hz for shooters (performance mode) and min 60-50 for casual games (graphics mode)(maybe lower with g-sinc)for enjoyment
like to watch movies in the evening,

every monitor has a big but.
i can afford to buy a expensive one but needs to be good i'm not that rich ;( 800€max)
so what is the best option go 2k or keep HD and something with better colour and blacks

cant dicide for ips or va ,
wanne upgrade so PPI needs to be better i guess or the same ?

Re: looking for 4 months cant find a good monitor

Hey mate, sorry for the late response, I am trying to answer all questions, it is just not that easy T_T

IPS vs VA is hard to answer objectively since everyone has its own preferences. If you can stand the IPS Glow then definitely pick IPS. It also has less motion blur + smearing than VA (VA = slowest). Mostly also the best colors because it does not suffer from a gamma shift and color shift in viewing angles. The pros on the VA are better blacks (and contrast) with the disadvantage of color and gamma shift in viewing angles + the VA Glow.

My pick for IPS wqhd high refresh = Viewsonic XG2703-GS or the Acer XB271HU
For VA the Samsung CHG70 if you do not need G-Sync, otherwise probably the LG32GK850G with G-Sync (unfortunately no 27")

Re: looking for 4 months cant find a good monitor

lim wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 01:46
Hey mate, sorry for the late response, I am trying to answer all questions, it is just not that easy T_T

IPS vs VA is hard to answer objectively since everyone has its own preferences. If you can stand the IPS Glow then definitely pick IPS. It also has less motion blur + smearing than VA (VA = slowest). Mostly also the best colors because it does not suffer from a gamma shift and color shift in viewing angles. The pros on the VA are better blacks (and contrast) with the disadvantage of color and gamma shift in viewing angles + the VA Glow.

My pick for IPS wqhd high refresh = Viewsonic XG2703-GS or the Acer XB271HU
For VA the Samsung CHG70 if you do not need G-Sync, otherwise probably the LG32GK850G with G-Sync (unfortunately no 27")
thx for your time ! unfortunately i Ordered one already ,
decided on Samsung LC24FG73
for prolonging my pc with newest games, and some money till they sort things out with the blb and price its maybe not worth the exstra money at this time , time to wait the nexst generation
maybe i and up with hi res and low graphs does not make a good improvement i guess,