Time to replace my 24" Benq g2400w

Hi

So I think it is time to upgrade my Benq g2400w, its been with me 8 years now I think. The monitor never had good image quality to begin with, and well I am completely lost in the new market.
I got a i7 5820k with a geforce 970 gtx, so I think a 1440p panel is out of the question, especially since I do enjoy games like The Witcher. Now I do study computer science, so there is a lot of programming to do. The Benq has got a 1920x1200 resolution, which is ok for said purpose. But the screen is dark and lacks hight adjustment, it probably flickers as well. All of this is leading to eye strain and headaches/tension migraines.

My budget is around 350 euro, I don't think it will be hard to get better image quality than what I am living with currently. Hight adjustment is a must (even just 10-13cm), low blue light etc. What has caught my eyes is Freesync monitors with 144hz, I would like to leave 60hz monitors behind. The LG 24GM77 did look promising, but that one seems impossible to get here in Norway. So I am completely open to suggestions, both in the 1080p and 1440p range.

Suncrusher

Re: Time to replace my 24" Benq g2400w

Hey mate
The LG 24GM77 did look promising, but that one seems impossible to get here in Norway. So I am completely open to suggestions, both in the 1080p and 1440p range.
I will visit Norway this year :lol:
My budget is around 350 euro, I don't think it will be hard to get better image quality than what I am living with currently. Hight adjustment is a must (even just 10-13cm), low blue light etc. What has caught my eyes is Freesync
monitors with 144hz, I would like to leave 60hz monitors behind.
mostly all of them have height adjustment and blue light filters. What about the G2460PG? With this, you would also have G-Sync and ULMB. I'm not sure how good this model is in terms of the overall image quality, but overall this is the cheapest high refresh G-Sync monitor on the market yet (330€ in Germany). You also can check if some other G-Sync monitors in Norway are possible to get for around 350€.

https://www.limscave.com/gaming-monitor-list

The Viewsonic XG2401 also is highly recommended. The Dell Alienware AW2518HF also seems like a good deal, especially for its price. Another user in this forum is very satisfied with his unit. (330€ in Germany as well + Freesync)

If you cant get the LG, the Viewsonic is a nice monitor. Maybe the Viewsonic XG2402 (new version) is also not bad (improved design and more gamma setting), but here again I cannot tell you much about the overall image quality.

If I had the choice, I probably would pick the AOC with G-Sync, even when the image quality would be a bit worse compared to the LG or the Viewsonic, simply because of G-Sync (and especially ULMB which I personally really love)

Hey Lim

Thanks for all the advice. The price on the AOC ain't that bad really, and its is easy to get in Norway. I think if we take a realistic view on it, how much worse could the image quality be than the Benq g2400w? That one already had mediocre reviews back in 2008 hehe. And I wasen't really aware of the AOC. Please keep making content!!

Also, Norway is great, just think of it as going to Switzerland in terms of prices. I've spent quite some time around the Frankfurt area, Germany is amazing, or as a 14 year old German might say SUPER GEIL!

Suncrusher

Since the BenQ is not (?) a VA panel with a contrast ratio of 1000:1 the AOC should have a better image quality.

Also, Norway is great, just think of it as going to Switzerland in terms of prices. I've spent quite some time around the Frankfurt area, Germany is amazing, or as a 14 year old German might say SUPER GEIL!
Oh dude, I really like the nature and I'm not the large cities type of guy :)

So little update

I decided to sit on my money, I knew there would be a summer sale. First out the gate was a ASUS PG278QR at 582 euro, I knew a rival company would try and one up that. Thus as I knew it would happen the ACER XB271HU came on sale at 635 euro. I went with the ACER, and I am at a loss of words in terms how amazingly good this monitor is compared to my old one. Not to mention that I had amazing luck at the lottery, no dead pixels, almost not IPS glow at all.
So glad I decided to sit on my money and save up a little more.

Also, my geforce 970 gtx is handling the games I play well enough, and I guess g-sync helps.

Cheers