Re: The road to the perfect monitor

C27HG70: 4 units back because of terrible grey uniformity
XB271HU: 1st unit bad lower right glowing in daylight, 2nd unit too low washed out gamma (both "shadowing" in the left/right edges on a white screen, I guess this is just a Acer Zeroframe "feature"?)
32GK850G: 2 units back because of vertical scanlines
FS2735: coming up next week, wish me luck :P

Damn... The CHG27 suffers btw much more from the grey uniformity. The CHG32 does not have this problem.
32GK850G: 2 units back because of vertical scanlines
Weird. But as we all know, each unit can and will vary, even in terms of scanlines.
FS2735: coming up next week, wish me luck :P
How was it ? I think you have posted a picture and you want to try out the XG2703-GS. I think, as long as you do not buy the PG279Q, you have to make pretty many orders to get a VERY GOOD unit, and 1-5 to get an average/good unit

lim wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 02:18
- viewsonic xg2703-gs : 3 units going back to the retailer because dead pixel or real big backlight bleed.
This is still possible, that the Viewsonic can have also a bad uniformity and/or much Glow - It is really hard to tell if the Glow from your units were average or really bad without seeing them in person :/
Is there any news of better quality control and manufacturing for 27 "144hz, 2k, IPS, g-sync monitors? (Asus, Acer, ViewSonic or AOC)
No, not really. It is also often due to the panel manufacturer and how well the monitor was built into the case. Acer and Viewsonic were the best so far (from G-Sync monitors) The Asus was extreme bad due to the stiff panel frame construction. Manufacturers are really not thinking far enough to reduce the "risk" of a bad unit
Thanx for de answer Lim.
My adventure looking for a 27" 144hz IPS monitor continues. 4 Acer XB271HU IPS units returned to amazon, all of them with death pixels. I bought all of them news, but only the first one came new, the last 3 uints were previously returned by others buyers. The name and adress of the previously buyers were still sticked to the package, just covered with a white sticker.
After my complains to amazon because of that they started an "investigation" in Madrid and Barcelona stores. Since this moment Acer XB271HU IPS has been unavaliable in amazon, only in externals sellers.
This Week is in stock again. I hope this new stock of units are really brand new, with better quality controll. Ill keep you informed... Ill make a new order this week.
Road to the perfect monitor? nooooo road to hell!!!!! lol.

My adventure looking for a 27" 144hz IPS monitor continues. 4 Acer XB271HU IPS units returned to amazon, all of them with death pixels. I bought all of them news, but only the first one came new, the last 3 uints were previously returned by others buyers. The name and adress of the previously buyers were still sticked to the package, just covered with a white sticker.
That really sucks... :/

road to hell!!!!! lol.
It is weird but.. welcome to the monitor market ;D I wish you the best of luck dude