PG279Q VS PG27VQ

Hey Lim,
Black Friday is coming and I have the option to buy either of these on sale, I wanted to ask you Lim, which would you get?
Is the newer monitor features, stand and curved display worth the disadvantages of the TN Panel?
Is the BLB, IPS Glow and the option of getting a panel with dead pixels worth the better image quality of the IPS Panel?
I know you've had both monitors and I really want your opinion.
I am upgrading from an old SM EX2220, so any upgrade would be great for me, I will use my monitor to game a lot and consume media (Videos, Movies, TV shows ETC).
These 2 are the best G-Sync options I have where I live so you don't need to suggest other monitors, maybe other ASUS ones.
Thank you!

Re: PG279Q VS PG27VQ

Sorry for the late response - I would pick thee PG278QR if possible. The PG279Q is in my opinion not recommended because of the panel frame construction ( you need to have more luck on the Asus compared to Acer / Viewsonic, to get a decent model). I personally prefer IPS over TN.

For IPS I would pick the Acer XB271HU or the Viewsonic XG2703-GS (because of a lower lottery - which does NOT mean that ALL Acer / Viewsonic models will be better than the PG279Q)
For TN the PG278QR because it has a better black uniformity compared to the PG27VQ (and it is cheaper, at least in Germany). If you can sacrifice the black uniformity for the curve, then the PG27VQ still is a "good" option.

Re: PG279Q VS PG27VQ

lim wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 20:12
Sorry for the late response - I would pick thee PG278QR if possible. The PG279Q is in my opinion not recommended because of the panel frame construction ( you need to have more luck on the Asus compared to Acer / Viewsonic, to get a decent model). I personally prefer IPS over TN.

For IPS I would pick the Acer XB271HU or the Viewsonic XG2703-GS (because of a lower lottery - which does NOT mean that ALL Acer / Viewsonic models will be better than the PG279Q)
For TN the PG278QR because it has a better black uniformity compared to the PG27VQ (and it is cheaper, at least in Germany). If you can sacrifice the black uniformity for the curve, then the PG27VQ still is a "good" option.
Sorry for the late response as well, haha
Eventually I went for the PG279Q, and so far it seems I've gotten a rather good panel, black uniformity is pretty great, it only has 2 tiny spots which are brighter than others.
As you and others online said, they prefer an IPS over a TN monitor, so that's why I went ahead and gotten the PG279Q and I don't regret it at all!
Thank you very much Lim, I love your videos :)