Advise for 144hz Gaming Monitor (dual screen set up)

Hello Lim,
First of all, i wanted to say a big thanks for your youtube channel, you offer very good, refreshing and detailed reviews, keep it up it is awesome, I whish your channel will grow fast and well.

Now, I am sorry, I guess lots of us are contacting you for almost the same kind of advises, but I am quite struggling in my quest for the good monitor.

I own a Benq GW2270 VA panel monitor for my everyday use. Yes it is a bit small, but I am really fine with it.
I am looking for a 2nd monitor which will be my main monitor for gaming, I intend to keep my Benq VA monitor for work and multimedia purposes.
Also my everyday work will benefit from a dual screen setup.

Features I would like are:

-144hz
- Not a bad input lag for fps games (quake and Overwatch) but I can sacrifice some input lag for good image quality.
- Very decent colors
- Clear text display ( I work a lot with excels, forums and other text stuffs, so I need a monitor that will not make my eyes bleed when reading).

At first my tought were to get a 24 inch TN panel monitor for gaming and keep my VA monitor for multimedia and work. But I will still use this new monitor for some work and I am worried with image and text quality of TN panels.
A friend told me that with theses needs I should get an ACER X271 : VA Panel , 4MS GTG, quite low input lag for a VA Panel.
Link here: http://www.144hzmonitors.com/monitors/a ... g-monitor/

Unfortunately, I am currently living in the Philippines for my work (I came from France) and this model is not available here.

I think I would prefer a 24 inch screen, but if no ones meets my requirements I might consider a 27".
I do not have a good budget, but if i have for exemple the choice between a 300 euros screen and a 450 euros screen and that the 150 euro more is really worth it, then I will adjust my budget.

Which panel do you think will suit more my needs? Am I too much worry with image and text quality of TN panels? Will i be fine with new TN Monitor like the LG 24GM79 that you reviewed?
Should I really consider VA or IPS?
Do you think my friend touched the right spot with the Acer XZ271

Also I own a GTX 1060 6go, so I guess 1080p would be better, but I do not whish to buy a G-sync monitor.
I might switch for a higher card in some months, but I am totally fine with a Freesync display or even no amd or nvidia Sync techno at all.

Do you have any toughts on the ideal screen for my requirements? Should I wait a bit for new things like TN quantum Dot?

Any way, thank you for reading,
My destiny is in your hands!
Cheers.

Re: Advise for 144hz Gaming Monitor (dual screen set up)

Hey Kry, and thank you for your positive response :) NP btw, I really like to talk and discuss monitors haha :)

You have mentioned quake and overwatch, in general, I don't recommend a VA panel for this purpose, while VA has smearing and creating more artifacts. Only the Samsung quad series do their job pretty good into my eyes, while the CFG70 has purple artifact issues and the CHG70 has stuttering issues (and still some va smearing) within CS GO for example.

A TN, in general, is good, especially for competitive, but in a direct 1:1 comparison to a VA panel on your desk - the TN colors and contrast could disturb a bit ( I think). I'm not sure how good the image quality of the GW2270 is, but it still should be better than current 144hz TN monitors.

For competitive shooters (Overwatch, Quake) I would go with TN or IPS. Currently, its hard to say how good a TN Quantum Dot Display will be, compared to current monitors. How about sending a monitor back in the Philippines, is this possible? If not, I would probably go with TN, while the risk of IPS glow and BLB currently is too high in IPS panels (at least in my experience). And if it's worth to pay extra for a "better" monitor? It depends on the price and prices are very very different from country to country.

How about the:

Viewsonic XG2401
LG 24GM79B
Iiyama G-Master GB2488HSU-B3
XF270H (XF240H)
in price?

How much does the Acer XF270HUA or the PG279Q cost?

The IPS screens have pretty visible better image quality and more space for work (text, excel etc). While I think the newer 144 Hz TN monitors are also pretty good, especially for its price. With proper gamma settings and your individual color temperature preferences, they still will be good. If you can save 200$ for example, I would go with TN Full HD probably for now, especially with your gtx 1060. If the price difference only is 100$, I clearly would go with IPS (when you will have the opportunity to send a monitor back when your unit has too much glow and blb)...

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :)

Kry wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 06:00
Hello Lim,
First of all, i wanted to say a big thanks for your youtube channel, you offer very good, refreshing and detailed reviews, keep it up it is awesome, I whish your channel will grow fast and well.

Now, I am sorry, I guess lots of us are contacting you for almost the same kind of advises, but I am quite struggling in my quest for the good monitor.

I own a Benq GW2270 VA panel monitor for my everyday use. Yes it is a bit small, but I am really fine with it.
I am looking for a 2nd monitor which will be my main monitor for gaming, I intend to keep my Benq VA monitor for work and multimedia purposes.
Also my everyday work will benefit from a dual screen setup.

Features I would like are:

-144hz
- Not a bad input lag for fps games (quake and Overwatch) but I can sacrifice some input lag for good image quality.
- Very decent colors
- Clear text display ( I work a lot with excels, forums and other text stuffs, so I need a monitor that will not make my eyes bleed when reading).

At first my tought were to get a 24 inch TN panel monitor for gaming and keep my VA monitor for multimedia and work. But I will still use this new monitor for some work and I am worried with image and text quality of TN panels.
A friend told me that with theses needs I should get an ACER X271 : VA Panel , 4MS GTG, quite low input lag for a VA Panel.
Link here: http://www.144hzmonitors.com/monitors/a ... g-monitor/

Unfortunately, I am currently living in the Philippines for my work (I came from France) and this model is not available here.

I think I would prefer a 24 inch screen, but if no ones meets my requirements I might consider a 27".
I do not have a good budget, but if i have for exemple the choice between a 300 euros screen and a 450 euros screen and that the 150 euro more is really worth it, then I will adjust my budget.

Which panel do you think will suit more my needs? Am I too much worry with image and text quality of TN panels? Will i be fine with new TN Monitor like the LG 24GM79 that you reviewed?
Should I really consider VA or IPS?
Do you think my friend touched the right spot with the Acer XZ271

Also I own a GTX 1060 6go, so I guess 1080p would be better, but I do not whish to buy a G-sync monitor.
I might switch for a higher card in some months, but I am totally fine with a Freesync display or even no amd or nvidia Sync techno at all.

Do you have any toughts on the ideal screen for my requirements? Should I wait a bit for new things like TN quantum Dot?

Any way, thank you for reading,
My destiny is in your hands!
Cheers.
How much does the Acer XF270HUA or the PG279Q cost?

глав58.39BettBettРоссAshlInkeБрезcontмузыSaraБыкоWisaTescпортPaveРоссGeisCiscсловБольIMAXDima
PaulToccYounCageComfAbouTeanCafeJoriPearJohnLyonFacuSplaNiveJeweкомаКазаNokiIrisкатаИльисерт
сертШункпоняАльтБело1278XboxElizYoshАнисBaklScreMariCarnStouДрабIvanUrsuEmilБориБаллAmarТеод
EtniDynaЛугаGeniWindWindромаDisnSameBramBesmDeusBarcмузы2800склаVals(ТриGeorзабоBlufVoyaMich
РоссZebrчист3173NWRPJohnDrBrлиструкаJeweдейсвозмБайкИллюSergMySiConsImprConnWindМаляComehttp
2300роспзагрmultAuroКитаClimMielTakeрассБасоPara10548978placGiglЧетвCityHONDBlauIslaLapaJAZZ
ТексХерсEducBookСтратексWindWINDMaciМороБажаBoscChouKyliRoyaЛитРЛитРСобоРодиЛитРStanЛитРСама
ОктяЦветXVIIПрохBrazиллюЛемеMamaКорнгликYevgBarbXVIIтеатJerrDreaВладсексNickжизнведуRajnSven
СавецеляЩенеЗебрFiveСтарKornавтоДобурежисовеJeweDisnСодеСамсМельIntrвещеавтоJeanКрасmultmult
multЛунгEvenБезрЭльвПетрCathРощиГермReneГорбДаниКишеpoweJame