Monitor buying advice 1080p 144hz

Hi guys, you've probably had a lot of these kinds of threads already and i appreciate taking time to read this one. So like everybody else I'm having a hard time choosing a monitor. I'm split between the Viewsonic XG2402 and the LG 24GM79G but also open to other monitors if they are good

The price of candidate monitors in my country are as follows:

Viewsonic XG2402 - $301
LG 24GM79G - $313
Benq XL2411P - $281
AOC G2460PF - $285

Price isn't really a factor since they are all pretty close around my desired budget. From all of the reviews I've read/watched, It seems like blur reduction is a very nice feature to have and black stabilization since I play mostly PUBG right now and some DOTA2 here and there and these two features will probably be the most noticeable/helpful since it would always be good to have a clear image and since right now I'm having issues spotting enemies on dark lit places when I'm outside where it's really bright. I really don't have preference on monitors like good color reproduction although it would be good to have. I'm currently using a BenQ GW2270HM VA 60Hz monitor overclocked to 73Hz and I crank up digital vibrance on NVIDIA control panel to like 75% making colors very saturated.

At one point I was really set on the LG because of the blur reduction feature but got scared because of the possibility of my unit having very prevalent moving vertical lines although i read making a custom 1080p 144hz resolution would help or eliminate this completely. The black crush wouldnt be an issue for me I guess since I would probably be turning up black equalizer all the way when playing games, not sure how much of an issue this would be for general viewing though.

Is the LG really that good with blur reduction when compared to the Viewsonic? Cause if it is then I'd just go for the LG then

Re: Monitor buying advice 1080p 144hz

Woould acoid the AOC and the (old) BenQ XL2411 (without the P). For the new version I do not have really good information according to contrast, colors etc.

Pick the LG if you necessarily (!) want backlight strobing (keep in mind that it is worse than ULMB for example) Test photos in the written review https://www.limscave.com/lg-24gm79g
- Some people complain about black crush on the LG - We figured already out that this can vary in each unit so that you have to check your unit

The Viewsonic is a bit better in terms of colors (only a tiny bit) and does not suffer from black crush issues.

At one point I was really set on the LG because of the blur reduction feature but got scared because of the possibility of my unit having very prevalent moving vertical lines although i read making a custom 1080p 144hz resolution would help or eliminate this completely.
You should keep in mind, that scanlines also will always vary in each model within each individual unit. When buying 5x the LG, 1 can have like no scanlines, the other 2 only on the upper right corner while the other 2 can suffer from more visible scanlines. However, these moving scanlines I have mentioned in the review are still an "issue" but for me (and the most of people) it is really hard to capture with the naked eye when not watching some specific test-patterns
Is the LG really that good with blur reduction when compared to the Viewsonic? Cause if it is then I'd just go for the LG then
The ViewSonic does not have strobing (blur reduction) the pixel responsiveness is about the same. I cannot measure for now the exact pixel responsiveness in MS, but both have a "1Ms" TN panel (1 ms mostly only always when setting Overdrive settings to extreme which causes artifacts). So in a direct 1:1 comparison without strobing, both are pretty the same, with the naked eye.

Re: Monitor buying advice 1080p 144hz

New to posting here, might as well start:
lim wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:09
- Some people complain about black crush on the LG - We figured already out that this can vary in each unit so that you have to check your unit
I don't own the LG, but I think I have an idea as to why such high variation in reports. The black stabilization setting at "50" seems to be the correct setting from all that I've seen, and lowering it crushes blacks (All the reports of crushed blacks are at "0"), while having it default leaves the gamma around 1.8-1.9 at the highest gamma setting, but no black crush, which seems to be the normal range of gamma for this monitor at 144hz, while 60hz is more or less around 2.2 at the highest setting (so it suffers from quite a bit of gamma degradation at 144hz, in addition to the normal gamma variation between units) (My Viewsonic XG2402's black stabilization works similarly, and is default at 11 out of 20, though thankfully lowering it doesn't crush blacks and actually can affect the average gamma without needing to entirely lower or raise the gamma setting, but lowering it too much does hurt the colors in certain ways, same as raising it)

This is also confirms why I've seen both reports of it crushing blacks, and also reports of it being too washed out. Black stabilization at 50 is basically "off", which seems to be the case for a lot of monitors, allowing it to go both ways (Like the XG2402 for example), instead of only being able to raise the blacks.

I think I've rambled on long enough :P