Viewsonic XG2703-GS picture sharpness

Recently just got my XG2703-GS,
It's an amazing monitor, however after putting my other monitor (ASUS PB278Q) next to it I noticed that the sharpness/overall picture quality on my Viewsonic is actually worse (about 10-12% worse).
Even after calibrating and playing with every setting conceivable I have not been able to do anything about it.
Wondering if it's normal or if there's something wrong with the unit I received.

My XG2703-GS also failed the http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/img/sharpness-d.png test.
Whereas my PB278Q passed whilst squinting my eyes about 70%.

Re: Viewsonic XG2703-GS picture sharpness

Hello

Yes, the picture sharpness is a well-known issue in the Viewsonic, Acer, and AOC and it can differ in each individual unit (strangely). My unit also has too few sharpness settings...

My Viewsonic also fails the lagom test (too few sharpness). The PG278QR does not suffer that often from this issue, as same as the PG279Q, unfortunately. However, I have to get used to and I prefer this over too much blb / IPS Glow. I am just wondering why they simply just not add sharpness settings. I mean, what the heck are they doing ... :X

lim wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 22:13
Hello

Yes, the picture sharpness is a well-known issue in the Viewsonic, Acer, and AOC and it can differ in each individual unit (strangely). My unit also has too few sharpness settings...

My Viewsonic also fails the lagom test (too few sharpness). The PG278QR does not suffer that often from this issue, as same as the PG279Q, unfortunately. However, I have to get used to and I prefer this over too much blb / IPS Glow. I am just wondering why they simply just not add sharpness settings. I mean, what the heck are they doing ... :X
Damn. That's unfortunate.
I guess I'll send mine back and hope for one with better sharpness and color uniformity, since this one also has pretty bad uniformity.

If the uniformity is so bad, then I also would try to RMA. But, to get one with good sharpness is not really easy TBH. Only the Eizo and probably the PG279Q does not suffer from this issue while the PG279Q has a much higher IPS Glow lottery. I mean, if you are using you monitor mostly in a bright environment then maybe the PG279Q is not such a bad idea if the sharpness issue is something which bothers you much