viewsonic xg2401 vs viewsonic xg2402

hello everyone, last month i bought the xg2401 and after having it for a couple of days i noticed that the overdrive settings where completely garbage.

setting it too low makes it very noticable in fast paced fps and when set too high dark edges apear around objects.

after doing a bit of research i found out that the GB2488HSU-B3 has the best overdrive settings. but it is hard to get in my country.

but i was curious that now the xg2402 is out does it improve on the overdrive settings that the previous version had?

if setting it to high overdrive do the same coronas appear?

Re: viewsonic xg2401 vs viewsonic xg2402

but i was curious that now the xg2402 is out does it improve on the overdrive settings that the previous version had?
First of all, the difference between the Viewsonic and the Iiyama is only very very very slightly.
Second, each individual unit also will differ a bit in terms of motion blur (unfortunately). Which means: If a manufacturer is calculating overdrive settings for a unique unit, it will not be perfect for all others so that the "perfect" solution for this would be overdrive settings between 10 steps.
if setting it to high overdrive do the same coronas appear?
Yes. Nearly on ALL monitors (except of the BenQ) but this is simply because BenQ doesn't have that much aggressive overdrive settings on some units (like the BenQ XL2720 - from what I've read). So you will not really have an upgrade with the Viewsonic and motion blur, even on 144Hz is usual. TN is not Plasma, either OLED or the good old CRT :P

Which monitor did you use before?