Help Lim with picking my monitor 1000k limit

First of all awesome videos man, your editing and detail are superb. Please forgive me if I spell things wrong because I am typing on my phone because I dont have a monitor. For starters I have a Gtx 1070 msi gaming x card with an i5 4690k. I would like you to help me choose between 3 monitors or if you have another recomondation feel free to shoot me an idea. I mostly game and watch videos once and awhile. First monitor is the LG 34uc89gb the second monitor is the Samsung CHG70 and the third is another LG32gk850 g b. I came from an older LG 3440x1440 and I loved it but I have never gamed on a 144hz monitor so I wanted to buy a new one. I am afraid I will miss the resultion of qhd if I go with the 1080p ultra wide. Is the picture quality that much better in the qhds that I listed? I am also afraid if I get thr qhd monitor that it will be useless with the 1070 becayuse I wont get the full 144hz in games. What should I do? Do you suggest a different monitor than these 3? Eventually I will update my cpu to the i5 8600k so I should get somewhat better pwrformance. Seeing all three in person the Samsung had the best overall picture, but the 1080p ultrawide lg was so smooth. The games I play are pubg, ark survival, and other shooters like cs go and battlefield 1. I play lots of other games too but I mostlt play those ones. Please help if you can. Thanks

Re: Help Lim with picking my monitor 1000k limit

So far I am very happy with my purchase, but I almost have an itch to check out the Samsung Quantom Dot monitor. I agree with lots of the posters about the colors and viewing angles not being the best, but they are by no means bad. Actually something i noticed that is better with this monitor than my last lg uc 87umb is the blacks really make everything better. Gaming in the dark is no longer an eye soar, I cherish the dark scenes now. Lim was spot on when he said that sometimes the deep blacks and better contrast make up for the lack of sauration and it gives off a more vibrant picture. Gaming is ridiculousy better than my last monitor. Even at 60 fps the gsync really gives a ultra buttery smooth gameplay. Guys if you were on the fence , get this monitor. Its really good. I would have probably gotten the viewsonic but its just too small for me, ecspecially coming from a 34 inch ulltrawide. It took me 4 days before I pulled the trigger and If something out was significantly better I probably would have choose it but you have to choose whats more important to you. This monitor does many things very well and from my observation the pros out weigh the cons. This is monitor is a gaming monitor and then some. with a little calibration and settings change, you will all be very happy. Again this is just my opinion. GOOD lUCK finding the perfect monitor, if there is one :)

Hey mate :P Sorry for the late response.
Is the picture quality that much better in the qhds that I listed?
I think it is a thing of "get used to". Personally, I definitely prefer 144Hz over a higher PPI
I am also afraid if I get thr qhd monitor that it will be useless with the 1070 becayuse I wont get the full 144hz in games
You mean the Samsung and the LG WQHD 144Hz monitors in general right? If you cannot get 144Hz in the games you play on this resolution I would stick with 1080p while downscaling, especially on a 32" screen is pretty "horrible" and blurry :)

he games I play are pubg, ark survival, and other shooters like cs go and battlefield 1.
I mean for competitive games I would probably prefer 16:9 (personally) especially CS GO and Overwatch. For everything else ultrawide is pretty nice but you just should check if you can reach 144Hz... An ultrawide 1080p monitor also has more pixels than 16:9 so that you will also lose some pixels here.
Again this is just my opinion.
Of course :) Yes 144Hz > everything within gaming monitors, to be honest - there is nothing better (: Happy you found your monitor

Lim thanks for the response. I went with the lg 32gk850g-b but im not sure what program to use for color calibration. I feel the reds are a bit off. Again you sacrifice some color but the blacks as re awesome. From your opinion did you like the lg 32gk850g-b vs the Samsung quantom dot? Again the lg does many things well, ecspecially gaming. I just think with a bit of color calibration this monitor will be an amazing purchase.