24" 1080p 144hz freesync?

Looking for the best 24" 1080p 144hz freesync monitor for the money, I've had both PLS and IPS panels before Samsung and LG respetively but been wanting to switch to 144hz for the longest time. I'm still a little skeptical of how much of a difference new TN panels are to the ones I've had before. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 24" 1080p 144hz freesync?

When image quality is important for you, then the Samsung CFG73 currently probably is the best (VA Quantum Dots).

I don't have tested of course ALL TN 144Hz panels with freesync, but my personal favorite so far is the Viewsonic XG2401 followed by the LG 24GM79G (the LG has a bit worse dynamic range in darker grey steps but it offers LFC and blur reduction compared to the Viewsonic)

Which TN panel you have used before? I think newer TN panels will be better since I also have an old 27" 144Hz panel from Samsung (one of the first releases) and their image quality is far better.

According to the motion blur, the Samsung CFG73, of course, has more, but the Samsung still will be much better than your 60Hz panels. The only one thing what the Samsung can have worse is smearing (bad black to grey response time) which means = dark objects behind darker backgrounds will have smearing / motion blur / overshot issues :)

Re: 24" 1080p 144hz freesync?

I'm in the same boat as Kurise - I'm currently looking to get a 144hz 24" Freesync monitor. I've narrowed it down to 3 models - Asus MG248Q (330€), Viewsonic XG2402 (300€) and Acer XF240Hbmjdpr (250€). Asus feels like it has the best build quality, but is the most expensive of thees 3, so I'm not sure if there's any big difference between these models and whether I should go for the cheapest one and be happy? I currently have Dell U2412M and I love it, so I'm looking to get a decent TN panel. I use my PC for gaming, I have a MBP for work, but I would like to get a solid TN panel if possible, so I don't regret the purchase =)

Love the reviews, you're doing super nice work and it's mind boggling you don't have at least 200-300k subs. I hope you get there man!

Thanks!