Monitor for Gaming: Samsung C27FG73 or Acer XB2701HU?

Hello,

I’m (disperately) looking for a new gaming monitor for PC and I found after a long search both models: Samsung C27FG73 or Acer XB2701HU.

I know of the difference in regards of the resolution, frequence and panel (VA Full-HD (Quantum Dot) @144Hz vs IPS WQHD @144-165Hz) and I know the pro and contra of both panels.
What I don’t know is what the following technical information about “Reaktionsverhalten” and “Latenzzeit”, which comes from previous models of both monitors, practically means, for the Samsung seems to be, according to these informations, better on both point than the Acer:

http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/20 ... teil8.html http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/20 ... teil9.html

http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/20 ... sverhalten http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/20 ... eil10.html (I would prefer the overdrive setting on “normal”)

- Is this observation correct? If so, how can it be if the IPS panel is generally considered to be better for gaming than VA panels?
- What is potentially the concrete difference between the above cited newer monitor models?
- Which monitor would performs better/worse at 60Hz (which for many reasons I generally prioritize for my choice...) and “how much”?

I would like to find a good compromise between image quality and gaming performance. That’s because I’m interested in both monitor. Ideally I would like to have a Full-HD 60 Hz Monitor IPS that performs excellent on gaming for using it also with the PS4.

You can also answer in german if you want ;).

Thank you for your time!

Re: Monitor for Gaming: Samsung C27FG73 or Acer XB2701HU?

Hey :)

"Latenzzeit" = Input Lag
"Reaktionsverhalten" = Response Time

The Acer has a better response time while VA panels suffers from smearing (+40ms GtB "Grey to Black" Response time).
- Is this observation correct? If so, how can it be if the IPS panel is generally considered to be better for gaming than VA panels?
In terms of response time, yes
- What is potentially the concrete difference between the above cited newer monitor models?
Contrast (high vs low) -> Black Level : BUT: on a VA you have the VA glow (especially when sitting close to the display and @monitors usually you do) so the VA glow makes blacks worse so that the difference again is not that huge as a "real" 3000:1 contrast ratio

Response time like mentioned above

Viewing angles (both are pretty bad @ dark image content in a dark environment)

Quantum Dot VA vs IPS (sometimes QD looks better for example life is strange intro, sometimes it looks worse - for example, the game firewatch where oranges are too much saturated)

The CFG73 also suffers from purple artifacts (it's a lottery - some units are good, some very bad as same as with the IPS glow lottery -_-)

Freesync vs G-Sync of course...

Code: Select all

- Which monitor would performs better/worse at 60Hz (which for many reasons I generally prioritize for my choice...) and “how much”?
In terms of response time again the IPS and the same plusses I've mentioned @ the second quote. But in the end it's personal preference

Ideally I would like to have a Full-HD 60 Hz Monitor IPS that performs excellent on gaming for using it also with the PS4.
If you don't need 144Hz then they are a lot 60/75Hz IPS Monitors on the market, but I've not tested anyone of them :/ So I don't want to recommend something I've not tested
You can also answer in german if you want ;).
You can write this the next time in your first sentence :D

Small update:

I bought the XB272 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/p ... .HX2EE.005) because I wanted to compare a (maybe) “good” TN Panel to the IPS of the XB271HU and the PLS of the S27E390H.

XB271HU (left) vs XB272 (right): https://imgur.com/a/wfgdq
According to me, the XB272 has better contrast, maybe because the panel of the XB271HU is yellowish. The same is for the S27E390H: The XB272 is for me just better because the E390H has dull colors. Also: the XB271HU was not so sharp as the E390H or the XB272!

Also: Lag input difference between the XB272 and the E390H; the XB272 is clearly faster: https://youtu.be/L_0fzqth8Us & https://youtu.be/yZ26wVbPY9c (of course the XB272 was also barely faster than the XB271HU but I did not made a video of that.)

I thought that a IPS or WQHD panel were much better than a TN or Full-HD panel because “everyone says that”, but I now can honestly barely see a difference between the XB271HU (27′ IPS – WQHD) and now the XB272 (27′ TN – Full-HD). IF there is a difference in regards to the colors, than this is MAYBE SOMETIME in favor of the XB271HU (or S27E390H because this is darker), but for me this is in the praxis negligible since the XB272 is / feels subjectively faster then the XB271HU (and much faster than the S27E390H), is not yellowish, and I also can reach more FPS and I can use it for the PS4 not using another specifically monitor. For information: on the XB272 there is a specifically gamma option which makes the colors for me be much better: “gaming” which I selected instead of “2.2” or “2.5”.

Don’t know: Can a TN panel really reach a color quality as the IPS/PLS panel or I’m doing something wrong? I’m a bit skeptical about those results.

because I wanted to compare
That's the best way to choose a monitor :)
According to me, the XB272 has better contrast, maybe because the panel of the XB271HU is yellowish. The same is for the S27E390H: The XB272 is for me just better because the E390H has dull colors. Also: the XB271HU was not so sharp as the E390H or the XB272!
The XB272 subjectively is sharper(?!) That's insane. I also wanted to order the XB272 because I'm interested in ULMB mostly and other 27 Inch panels with a motion blur reduction starts from 450EUR here in Ger so I directly can buy the XB272

I really would recommend using the XB271HU for 1-2 days (without turning the XB272 on!) and then switch to the XB272 after (only) using the IPS screen - If you still prefer the TN, then the XB272 is probably the better choice
Also: Lag input difference between the XB272 and the E390H; t
Sounds great

I thought that a IPS or WQHD panel were much better than a TN or Full-HD panel because “everyone says that”, but I now can honestly barely see a difference between the XB271HU
Like mentioned, at the first time, I also was disappointed in an IPS panel (in a DIRECT comparison) to TN and VA as well. But after using IPS for several days and THEN switching back to my TN I started to see a HUGE difference. Colors on IPS panels are just awesome (because of the viewing angles, the whole image is vibrant) but I still HATE its black uniformity :/ I really would use the IPS without using the TN for 2 days and then use the TN again. Its weird (and especially on camera not really that visible) but in a direct comparison there is not a huge difference - It is just like with headphones. Comparing a headphone side by side is extremely hard to evaluate. In headphones you even have to use it for 1-2 weeks and then switch back to the model with which you want to compare with
I can use it for the PS4 not using another specifically monitor
Yes that's a huge plus for console gamers, using the native resolution without downscaling

For information: on the XB272 there is a specifically gamma option which makes the colors for me be much better: “gaming” which I selected instead of “2.2” or “2.5”.
And yes, gamma can improve the overall image quality significantly
on’t know: Can a TN panel really reach a color quality as the IPS/PLS panel or I’m doing something wrong?
The problem of TN is gamma shift in viewing angles (and you also have an angle to the monitor top, edges and bottom even when you sit directly in front of the panel) so that the top is darkened and the bottom is brightened (washed out). For horror games, this means that you have to adjust the monitor lower in height, for very bright image content vice verca. But as mentioned, I also was disappointed in IPS in the beginning, now I really love IPS colors, but still hate the black homogeneity (blb/glow) - which is for me the biggest downside of an IPS panel.

If you should do the test which I've mentioned (only use IPS for min. 1-2 , better 2 days) then I really would appreciate which experience you have made :) Try to use some different kind of content - Dark content, comic content (anime or something like this) and bright/normal image content (some games with more details like Witcher 3, Fallout 4...)

Cheers, thanks for your post and sharing your experience

Nach langer Überlegung und langem Testen von verschiedenen Monitoren habe ich mich entscheiden: Ich bleibe beim XB271HU für das PC-Gaming und beim S27E390H für die PS4.

Tatsächlich konnte ich deine erwähnten Probleme zum TN Panel beim XB272 selbst feststellen. Außerdem wirkt das Bild mit diesem Monitor übersättig, was ich erst beim Spielen bemerkt habe und mich sehr gestört hat. Hier ist übrigens eine PRAD-Rezension vom 25 Zoll Modell: http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/20 ... iprzx.html

Ja, der XB272, aber auch der S27E390H, ist definitiv schärfer als der XB271HU. Ist das normal?

Die Analogie mit den Kopfhörern hat mir gut gefallen und finde ich sehr gelungen ;) . Denn erst letzten Monat habe ich mich mit diesem Thema auseinandergesetzt. Ich habe also viele high-end IEM-Modelle selbst getestet, um das für mich bessere Modell zu finden: Campfire Audio Andromeda.

Ach mist, ich lese nie die vorherigen Posts, hatte vergessen dass du deutsch sprichst :P

Es kann natürlich sein dass der XB272 etwas ab werk übersättigt daherkommt, dann sollten aber auch Durchzeichnungen schlechter sein in den Farben.

Ja, der XB272, aber auch der S27E390H, ist definitiv schärfer als der XB271HU. Ist das normal?
Also es ist bekannt dass der XB271HU, sowie der Viewsonic XG2703-GS (den ich jetzt hier habe) und die AOC IPS Version (gerade das Modell nicht im Kopf) eine leichte unschärfe gegenüber z.B. dem Eizo Foris FS2735 haben, warum auch immer. Dennoch sollte der Acer im 1:1 Vergleich eigentlich nicht unschärfer sein. Evtl wirkt es leicht unschärfer sollte aber auch deutlich mehr / schärfere Details in z.B. Witcher zeigen (beispielsweise an den Blättern, im graß etc). Das erste mal als ich den "unschärfeeffekt" in einem WQHD Monitor gesehen hatte war beim acer XB271HUA (die TN Version) dort konnte ich zu meinem alten Asus TN Full HD kein großen Unterschied feststellen und musste erstmal paar leute anrufen dass die sich das angucken oder ob ich nicht langsam verrückt werde :P Den XB272 hätte ich auch gern mal zum testen - es ist schwer zu sagen ob das "normal" ist, denke aber schon. Hab leider keinen neueren Full HD TN Panel hier zum vergleichen, es ist aber definitiv normal dass der Acer ein weicheres Bild hat ( so wie mein Viewsonic den ich jetzt momentan auch als Mainmonitor nutze, aber auch nur wegen Black Friday).

Die Analogie mit den Kopfhörern hat mir gut gefallen und finde ich sehr gelungen ;) . Denn erst letzten Monat habe ich mich mit diesem Thema auseinandergesetzt. Ich habe also viele high-end IEM-Modelle selbst getestet, um das für mich bessere Modell zu finden: Campfire Audio Andromeda.
Haha ja, bei Kopfhörern kann man richtig verrückt geben wenn man nicht geduldig ist :) Bin momentan beim Audio Technica r70x gelandet, auf der Arbeit hab ich meine Fostex rumliegen die ich den ganzen Tag auf habe und mich schon wieder so sehr an die Soundsignatur gewöhnt dass ich den manchmal besser finde (wärmer) obwohl meine Audio Technicas schon relativ warm sind.

lim wrote:
14 Dec 2017, 19:13
Ach mist, ich lese nie die vorherigen Posts, hatte vergessen dass du deutsch sprichst :P

Es kann natürlich sein dass der XB272 etwas ab werk übersättigt daherkommt, dann sollten aber auch Durchzeichnungen schlechter sein in den Farben.

Also es ist bekannt dass der XB271HU, sowie der Viewsonic XG2703-GS (den ich jetzt hier habe) und die AOC IPS Version (gerade das Modell nicht im Kopf) eine leichte unschärfe gegenüber z.B. dem Eizo Foris FS2735 haben, warum auch immer. Dennoch sollte der Acer im 1:1 Vergleich eigentlich nicht unschärfer sein. Evtl wirkt es leicht unschärfer sollte aber auch deutlich mehr / schärfere Details in z.B. Witcher zeigen (beispielsweise an den Blättern, im graß etc). Das erste mal als ich den "unschärfeeffekt" in einem WQHD Monitor gesehen hatte war beim acer XB271HUA (die TN Version) dort konnte ich zu meinem alten Asus TN Full HD kein großen Unterschied feststellen und musste erstmal paar leute anrufen dass die sich das angucken oder ob ich nicht langsam verrückt werde :P Den XB272 hätte ich auch gern mal zum testen - es ist schwer zu sagen ob das "normal" ist, denke aber schon. Hab leider keinen neueren Full HD TN Panel hier zum vergleichen, es ist aber definitiv normal dass der Acer ein weicheres Bild hat ( so wie mein Viewsonic den ich jetzt momentan auch als Mainmonitor nutze, aber auch nur wegen Black Friday).

Haha ja, bei Kopfhörern kann man richtig verrückt geben wenn man nicht geduldig ist :) Bin momentan beim Audio Technica r70x gelandet, auf der Arbeit hab ich meine Fostex rumliegen die ich den ganzen Tag auf habe und mich schon wieder so sehr an die Soundsignatur gewöhnt dass ich den manchmal besser finde (wärmer) obwohl meine Audio Technicas schon relativ warm sind.
Wenn du schreibst "Also es ist bekannt dass der XB271HU, sowie der Viewsonic XG2703-GS (den ich jetzt hier habe) und die AOC IPS Version (gerade das Modell nicht im Kopf) eine leichte unschärfe gegenüber z.B. dem Eizo Foris FS2735 haben, warum auch immer. Dennoch sollte der Acer im 1:1 Vergleich eigentlich nicht unschärfer sein. Evtl wirkt es leicht unschärfer sollte aber auch deutlich mehr / schärfere Details in z.B. Witcher zeigen (beispielsweise an den Blättern, im graß etc)" bedeutet das tatsächlich, dass der XB271HU im Vergleich zum Ezio mehr/schärfere Details zeigen würde, obwohl die Schrift etwa bei Word nicht schärfer ist? Der Samsung C27FG73F war auffällig unscharf im Vergleich zu den anderen Monitoren.

Heute bekomme ich ein Amazon Exemplar vom XB271HU und ein anderes von Cyberport habe ich bereits: Worauf soll ich genau achten, um zu entscheiden, welches Panel besser ist? Um welche Phänomene geht es hier?

Was den IEM angeht, habe ich bislang immer den wärmeren bevorzugt, doch nachdem ich zum ersten Mal den Beyerdynamik Xelento, der viel heller und daher "kräftiger" als der Sennheiser IE800s ist, gehört habe, kann ich nicht zurück. Dann habe ich nach einer langen Suche in Foren erfahren, dass der Campfire Andromeda vergleichsweise sogar noch besser als der Xelento ist, was ich auch selbst bestätigen kann. Da bin ich tatsächlich verrückt geworden :o

Übrigens: Du machst m.E. einen richtig tollen Job mit der Webseite! Das hat uns "Unerfahrenen" einfach gefehlt..

EDIT:

Der zweite Monitor ist angekommen. Farblich scheint er mir gleich zu sein, jedoch nur ein wenig schärfer und vielleicht ist die rote Farbe kräftiger – was ich insbesondere bei einem Text bemerkt habe. Dieser zweite Monitor ist von Juli 2017 und der erste von Juni 2017.

Heute bekomme ich ein Amazon Exemplar vom XB271HU und ein anderes von Cyberport habe ich bereits: Worauf soll ich genau achten, um zu entscheiden, welches Panel besser ist? Um welche Phänomene geht es hier?
Ausleuchtung im Schwarz (natürlich im dunkem Raum vergleichen) ist somit das wichtigste (welcher hat weniger IPS Glow und / oder BLB, welche Rahmen drückt weniger gegen das Panel)

Monitore unterscheiden sich auch in der Artefaktdarstellung, du kannst z.B. https://www.testufo.com/inversion schauen ob die sich voneinander unterscheiden

Natürlich auf tote Pixel testen

Evtl. schauen welcher eine "für dich bessere" native farbtemperatur hat (im weiß), denn wenn man eine eigene einstellt, verliert man auch etwas am Kontrast (je mehr R / G oder B settings man runterstellt)

Würde definitiv noch die homogenität im weißbild testen bzw einfach auf YouTube, hier im Forum etc. Schau ob die Farbtemperatur auf der linken Monitorseite gleich der rechten ist, hier unterscheiden sich die IPS geräte auch gerne mal von einander. Ich habe jetzt gerade noch 2x den Viewsonic XG2703-GS hier und einer davon ist links bräunlich und rechts "richtig" weiß, stört bei dem einen Modell ungemein

Ansonsten gibt es da nicht viel was man noch ohne Messgeräte vergleichen könnte - Farben etc werden sich auch alle (meist minimal) voneinander unterscheiden

Das wichtigste jedoch wird die Artefaktdarstellung, die Schwarzausleuchtung und die Weißbild-Homogenität sein

Was den IEM angeht, habe ich bislang immer den wärmeren bevorzugt, doch nachdem ich zum ersten Mal den Beyerdynamik Xelento, der viel heller und daher "kräftiger" als der Sennheiser IE800s ist, gehört habe, kann ich nicht zurück. Dann habe ich nach einer langen Suche in Foren erfahren, dass der Campfire Andromeda vergleichsweise sogar noch besser als der Xelento ist, was ich auch selbst bestätigen kann. Da bin ich tatsächlich verrückt geworden :o
Ich find es teilweise schon schwierig bei 50+mm Treibern einen Unterschied zu hören, bei den IEMs ist das ja noch schwieriger ^^ Laut meiner Erfahrung sind Kopfhörer absolut subjektiv zu bewerten, da wird es nie besser / schlechter geben. Helle Kopfhörer wie die meist von Beyerdynamic hören sich am anfang FAST IMMER besser an - deswegen empfiehlt sich hier eigentlich ein Langzeit-Test. Wenn man den Leuten ein DT880 und einen RX70 auf den Tisch legt, bin ich mir fast sicher dass sich +80% für den DT880 entscheiden werden anfangs, weil er deutlich klarer ist. Habe aber mit der Zeit gemerkt dass ich den Warmen klang doch bevorzuge :)

Übrigens: Du machst m.E. einen richtig tollen Job mit der Webseite! Das hat uns "Unerfahrenen" einfach gefehlt..

Der zweite Monitor ist angekommen. Farblich scheint er mir gleich zu sein, jedoch nur ein wenig schärfer und vielleicht ist die rote Farbe kräftiger – was ich insbesondere bei einem Text bemerkt habe. Dieser zweite Monitor ist von Juli 2017 und der erste von Juni 2017.
- Oben angemerkt was du vergleichen solltest :)

h3mon wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 12:45
Small update:

I bought the XB272 (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/p ... .HX2EE.005) because I wanted to compare a (maybe) “good” TN Panel to the IPS of the XB271HU and the PLS of the S27E390H.

XB271HU (left) vs XB272 (right): https://imgur.com/a/wfgdq

Also: Lag input difference between the XB272 and the E390H; the XB272 is clearly faster: https://youtu.be/L_0fzqth8Us & https://youtu.be/yZ26wVbPY9c (of course the XB272 was also barely faster than the XB271HU but I did not made a video of that.)

I thought that a IPS or WQHD panel were much better than a TN or Full-HD panel because “everyone says that”, but I now can honestly barely see a difference between the XB271HU (27′ IPS – WQHD) and now the XB272 (27′ TN – Full-HD). IF there is a difference in regards to the colors, than this is MAYBE SOMETIME in favor of the XB271HU (or S27E390H because this is darker), but for me this is in the praxis negligible since the XB272 is / feels subjectively faster then the XB271HU (and much faster than the S27E390H), is not yellowish, and I also can reach more FPS and I can use it for the PS4 not using another specifically monitor. For information: on the XB272 there is a specifically gamma option which makes the colors for me be much better: “gaming” which I selected instead of “2.2” or “2.5”.

Don’t know: Can a TN panel really reach a color quality as the IPS/PLS panel or I’m doing something wrong? I’m a bit skeptical about those results.
Hey I recently got an XB271HU, (I actually have 2 because I need to return one for very poor screen uniformity). One of them is very sharp and the other is noticeably blurrier.

Could you perform this test at 144Hz with 100% scaling on both windows and the browser to see if your XB271HU passes. The one with bad uniformity (strong yellow and blue hues) passes no problem. The "perfect" one fails. Strangely, lowering the Hz increases sharpness, so at 100Hz it passes.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/sharpness.php

The "perfect" one fails. Strangely, lowering the Hz increases sharpness, so at 100Hz it passes.
Each monitor will have a different "amount" of artifacts and they all will differentiate also in pixel transition. Some monitors like the CFG70 (lottery) sometimes have huge artifact issues. But your info, that your second Acer unit has a sharper screen is very interesting. So, in the end, we have a lottery in: Overdrive / Artifacts, in the homogeneity (color temperature and brightness), IPS Glow, Backlight Bleed and even Gamma deviations, unfortunately. This test pattern which you have posted is something which occurs very rare in games, so I wouldn't really be worried about

lim wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 03:30
The "perfect" one fails. Strangely, lowering the Hz increases sharpness, so at 100Hz it passes.
Each monitor will have a different "amount" of artifacts and they all will differentiate also in pixel transition. Some monitors like the CFG70 (lottery) sometimes have huge artifact issues. But your info, that your second Acer unit has a sharper screen is very interesting. So, in the end, we have a lottery in: Overdrive / Artifacts, in the homogeneity (color temperature and brightness), IPS Glow, Backlight Bleed and even Gamma deviations, unfortunately. This test pattern which you have posted is something which occurs very rare in games, so I wouldn't really be worried about
Yes that's true, but wouldn't one not being as sharp as the other impact the clarity and crispness of games?

Yes that's true, but wouldn't one not being as sharp as the other impact the clarity and crispness of games?

Really I hear this for the first time, that one unit is sharper than another, to the naked eye. A monitor or display technology is pretty complex since I can order only 1 unit for a review atm, it's hard to say. But I think the impact shouldn't be huge in games, on individual units in terms of pixel transition

lim wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 22:27

Really I hear this for the first time, that one unit is sharper than another, to the naked eye. A monitor or display technology is pretty complex since I can order only 1 unit for a review atm, it's hard to say. But I think the impact shouldn't be huge in games, on individual units in terms of pixel transition
I'll try an upload some pics tomorrow side by side. At least in terms of the lagom test one is clearly better than the other. But if it's due to increased pixel artifacts it may have not to do with sharpness per se.

lim wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 22:49
because I wanted to compare
That's the best way to choose a monitor :)
The XB272 subjectively is sharper(?!) That's insane. I also wanted to order the XB272 because I'm interested in ULMB mostly and other 27 Inch panels with a motion blur reduction starts from 450EUR here in Ger so I directly can buy the XB272

I really would recommend using the XB271HU for 1-2 days (without turning the XB272 on!) and then switch to the XB272 after (only) using the IPS screen - If you still prefer the TN, then the XB272 is probably the better choice
Also: Lag input difference between the XB272 and the E390H; t
Sounds great

I thought that a IPS or WQHD panel were much better than a TN or Full-HD panel because “everyone says that”, but I now can honestly barely see a difference between the XB271HU
Like mentioned, at the first time, I also was disappointed in an IPS panel (in a DIRECT comparison) to TN and VA as well. But after using IPS for several days and THEN switching back to my TN I started to see a HUGE difference. Colors on IPS panels are just awesome (because of the viewing angles, the whole image is vibrant) but I still HATE its black uniformity :/ I really would use the IPS without using the TN for 2 days and then use the TN again. Its weird (and especially on camera not really that visible) but in a direct comparison there is not a huge difference - It is just like with headphones. Comparing a headphone side by side is extremely hard to evaluate. In headphones you even have to use it for 1-2 weeks and then switch back to the model with which you want to compare with
I can use it for the PS4 not using another specifically monitor
Yes that's a huge plus for console gamers, using the native resolution without downscaling

For information: on the XB272 there is a specifically gamma option which makes the colors for me be much better: “gaming” which I selected instead of “2.2” or “2.5”.
And yes, gamma can improve the overall image quality significantly
on’t know: Can a TN panel really reach a color quality as the IPS/PLS panel or I’m doing something wrong?
The problem of TN is gamma shift in viewing angles (and you also have an angle to the monitor top, edges and bottom even when you sit directly in front of the panel) so that the top is darkened and the bottom is brightened (washed out). For horror games, this means that you have to adjust the monitor lower in height, for very bright image content vice verca. But as mentioned, I also was disappointed in IPS in the beginning, now I really love IPS colors, but still hate the black homogeneity (blb/glow) - which is for me the biggest downside of an IPS panel.

If you should do the test which I've mentioned (only use IPS for min. 1-2 , better 2 days) then I really would appreciate which experience you have made :) Try to use some different kind of content - Dark content, comic content (anime or something like this) and bright/normal image content (some games with more details like Witcher 3, Fallout 4...)

Cheers, thanks for your post and sharing your experience
I found your youtube and ended up here. Fantastic work btw.
So im trying to find my perfect monitor for ps4. I was loving the information here until it turned german haha.

I was wondering if i missed a conclusion on this topic? I play fps and i am aiming at competitive play. Before i purchase i want to know ive minimised input lag and all the other factors i would want to minimise in order to give me the best opportunity. I am at a loss. I wanted the c24fg73 but possible input lag at 60hz + the lottery has turned me off. At the moment im so lost in all this. The XB272 is probably overkill for me i would imagine?

EclecticAu wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 14:24
lim wrote:
I found your youtube and ended up here. Fantastic work btw.
So im trying to find my perfect monitor for ps4. I was loving the information here until it turned german haha.

I was wondering if i missed a conclusion on this topic? I play fps and i am aiming at competitive play. Before i purchase i want to know ive minimised input lag and all the other factors i would want to minimise in order to give me the best opportunity. I am at a loss. I wanted the c24fg73 but possible input lag at 60hz + the lottery has turned me off. At the moment im so lost in all this. The XB272 is probably overkill for me i would imagine?
If you play only PS4 I would buy the Dell S2718H which as for me not just the best image quality for a IPS Full-HD 27', but also a very, very good input lag – comparable with the XB271HU and so the XB272.

If you play ALSO PC, I would buy the XB271HU (WQHD) also to play with PS4.

Then I prefer a 27' monitor.

h3mon wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 14:28
EclecticAu wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 14:24
lim wrote:

If you play only PS4 I would buy the Dell S2718H which as for me not just the best image quality for a IPS Full-HD 27', but also a very, very good input lag – comparable with the XB271HU and so the XB272.

I only play ps4/ps4pro.i also use a capture card that cant do hdr or 4k. So thats going to limit my picture. That dell is looking nice, it seems it has a 6ms gtg and 15ms input lag.
I have been looking at benq tn panels. So in my mind im comparing 1ms to 6ms and assuming that could affect my overall experience? And is 15ms input an excellent score? Sorry but im full of question :)

lim wrote:

[/quote]

I only play ps4/ps4pro.i also use a capture card that cant do hdr or 4k. So thats going to limit my picture. That dell is looking nice, it seems it has a 6ms gtg and 15ms input lag.
I have been looking at benq tn panels. So in my mind im comparing 1ms to 6ms and assuming that could affect my overall experience? And is 15ms input an excellent score? Sorry but im full of question :)

:oops:

Post details Quote EclecticAu
For "competitive ps4" games or when you cant deal with 4k 30fps, then, of course, Full HD (I personally would prefer this option, but it depends on you). Real HDR monitors currently do not exist in my opinion. BenQ has written me today to test an "HDR" monitor (4k 60fps) but I'm not sure T_T

1 ms vs 6 ms in my opinion is not that huge, especially @ 60 fps. 15 ms input lag depends on the measuring method. If it was measured with a 1000 fps cam it is a good result