Freesync Tournament Ranking Overview

Freesync Tournament "Ranking"
Here you see an overview for the Freesync 144 Hz Monitor Tournament. Differences in some cases are really very slightly. Currently the winner with the best image quality is the LG. BUT: It also depends on the price in your country.
For example: If the LG costs 300€ and the Iiyama 250€, you can easily go with the Iiyama - The Iiyama still is a very good choise.

More Infos:
- No differences in viewing angles and coating
- Differences in color banding is absolutely very slightly, in games you wouldnt almost see a difference, even in a 1:1 comparison!
- Differences in overdrive settings also are not a big deal. While in a ufo test you can see the difference pretty clearly, its hard to see a difference in a game
- List will be updated after the last two reviews will be uploaded

Further quetions? Just ask :)

Re: Freesync Tournament Ranking Overview

Hi Lim! I like your videos a lot. And it's really awesome to see that you've put a site together to help us try to figure out which monitor is the best. I've been doing so much research over the past couple days because I want to buy an new monitor over Black Friday/Cyber Monday here in the United States.

I want a gaming monitor that is also great to watch movies on (will be used mostly in the dark); lowest response time possible; 1440p; Freesync; 32 inch. HDR would be really nice, too.. if the implementation is proper.

I was so close to buying the Viewsonic VX3258-2KC-MHD, but there isn't much information available on it. I also was also considering the Samsung C32HG70 and the MSI Optix AG32CQ.

It's really hard to know which the best one to choose is. I watched a couple of your videos, but it's hard to keep track of which came out most recently and offers the best performance. Also, if you know of any other models that are around the corner, I could wait for them before making a purchase.

What would be your suggestion? I have an AMD GPU and I'm planning on getting an Xbox One X.

Apollo wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 01:03
Hi Lim! I like your videos a lot. And it's really awesome to see that you've put a site together to help us try to figure out which monitor is the best. I've been doing so much research over the past couple days because I want to buy an new monitor over Black Friday/Cyber Monday here in the United States.

I want a gaming monitor that is also great to watch movies on (will be used mostly in the dark); lowest response time possible; 1440p; Freesync; 32 inch. HDR would be really nice, too.. if the implementation is proper.

I was so close to buying the Viewsonic VX3258-2KC-MHD, but there isn't much information available on it. I also was also considering the Samsung C32HG70 and the MSI Optix AG32CQ.

It's really hard to know which the best one to choose is. I watched a couple of your videos, but it's hard to keep track of which came out most recently and offers the best performance. Also, if you know of any other models that are around the corner, I could wait for them before making a purchase.

What would be your suggestion? I have an AMD GPU and I'm planning on getting an Xbox One X.
Just realized this post is from 2017.. maybe I should have posted this in a different topic area! Feel freee t move it!

Apollo wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 01:03

Lowest possible response time = TN
Best for movies IN GENERAL = VA but I wouldn't necessarily say that this also applies to monitors (while within TVs I would say yes, OLED and VA). It also depends on your environment (dark/bright)
32 Inch only VA exists with high refresh rate (no TN / IPS now)
HDR is not really good within monitors, I even prefer to watch SDR stuff on my Sony XE9305 while HDR causes blooming and a worse black level.

I didnt have any experience yet with the AG32CQ or the VX3258-2KC, so hard to tell. The Samsung overall is really good, but you should keep its disadvantages in mind and ask yourself if you can deal with it.

If you want a 32Inch high refresh rate then the Samsung CHG70 (in 32Inch!) is a good choice - especially while the price has dropped. (and if you do not need G-Sync).